Dave Franta's comments before the Commission
Dave Franta appeared before the Pierce County Charter Review Commission on February 9, 2006. His comments on property appear on www.crc-property.blogspot.com. Below are notes on the remainder of his comments.
1) The mission of county government is never described in the Charter.
2) There are no limits to the size and function of the county government in the Charter.
3) Any general tax increase proposed by the county should require a majority of the registered voters to pass.
4) Any county tax increase submitted to the voters should be announced six months prior to the general election where it will be decided.
5) The charter should prevent any county agency from changing an administrative code having the force of law without such change being submitted to and accepted by the county council.